Saturday, November 6, 2010

A wish.

Saturday night and cough drops.


Stringing beads on a thin wire, watching their colors blend together like a hurricane sunset.


Old friends and card games.


Midterms and makeup lessons.


Singlehood- Friend or foe? (Friend, I think.)


Not waiting for any sort of dramatic fall.


I wish it could stay this way forever. I could just stay in this bubble of twenty something, while still learning and growing, but not becoming jaded. Just safe.


I've been through the post-breakup steps. Forgiveness; of myself and of the other person. I've done all of the overanalyzing and over thinking... where did we go wrong? That stuff. It doesn't really matter anymore. I see it all so perfectly... clear as a raindrop. I am too young to know, we were too young to mature, we were just kids and still are. And how are we expected to be a certain type of love? Big love is reserved for those who can keep their minds. I don't think I've ever been in love. That's ok- I'm not afraid of that. Not as afraid as I am of not experiencing my life. I'll mess up a million times and fall in a dejected heap, but the bigger tragedy would be to never put myself out there. And I'm not just talking about relationships. I'd rather be that way than safe. But I can still wish for both.


What are facebook notes for? I never read the notes of others. They usually consist of those attention grabbing chain letters that are relentlessly popular. (I've participated before, I won't deny that.)

But blogging is different. It's a little freer, a little less advertised. It's nice to rant without a judgmental audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment